FOVP Summer Day Camp Program
Victoria Park's Summer Program
The Friends of Victoria Park summer program is almost 8 weeks of WOW! Children have an opportunity to interact with their peers and participate in many fun activities such as educational field trips, arts and crafts, recreation and sports and many other fun filled new memories.
The 2018 Summer Program
- When: Wednesday July 4th to Thursday August 23th
- Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm; Monday to Friday
- Registration Fees: $250.00 for a single child. $450.00 for 2. Additional children from the same family please add an extra $150.00 per child. (please note fees are reviewed every two years, the next scheduled review is Summer 2020)
- Ages: 5-12
- Teen Program (formally Councillor in Training CIT): ages 13-15: For 2018 the CIT program is being reviewed and a Teen program is being considered. Registration fees for the Teen program will be $250.00 per child. Proposed registration is limited to 6.
How to Register
- Download the FOVP Summer Program Registration Form and the Participant Agreement Form
- Fill out the form: The form is a fillable pdf, so you can fill it out electronically and then print it out. Alternatively, print it out and fill it out by hand.
- Come to the park on your applicable registration date:
This year registration night will be held on Thursday May 10th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at the Victoria Park Poolhouse:
For parents of returning kids we thank you in advance for registrating your kids for another fun filled summer as we look forward to another rewarding year.
New Registrants: Please be advised that the FOVP Day Camp is accepting new applicants on a zone-based priority until May 25. Parents and Guardians of children are asked to email their registration forms no earlier than May 11th and no later then May 25 to firstname.lastname@example.org Also be advised that there is a very limited number of spots available. Parents and Guardians will be notified on May 29 as to the status of their application.
Program Capacity: Please be advised that the maximum program capacity for 2017 is 75 children. However the FOVP reserves the right to lower the number of registrations based on staffing numbers.
Also be advised that zonal priority will be in affect.
ZONES are as follows:
- Zone 1 is the immediate area of Victoria Park determined by a 2 kilometer radius of Angel Place Victoria Park
- Zone 2 is the immediate area of Victoria Park determined by a 2.0001 to 4 kilometer radius of Angel Place Victoria Park
- Zone 3 is the immediate area of Victoria Park determined by a 4.0001 to 8 kilometer radius of Angel Place Victoria Park
- Zone 4 is the immediate area of Victoria Park determined by a 8.0001 to 12 kilometers radius from Angel Place Victoria Park
- Zone 5 is any area larger than 12.0001 kilometers from Angel Place Victoria Park
- Zone 6 is any area outside of St. John’s.
If you are unsure of your zone, please consult Google Maps https://maps.google.ca/. Enter Angel Place, St. John's, NL and then get directions and enter in your address which will give you the approximate number of Km's to determine your zone
- Volunteers: are always needed and more now than ever, please download our volunteer form if you can spare some time.